Monday, February 9, 2009

Observation: DAD

My dad is really above and beyond. He is the one who gave me a love for words, a love that actually pushed me into school and legitimately working on something I care about instead of just doing enough. My Dad is loving and caring and not only a great Dad but also the best Sibling, Child, Grandpa and Husband out there. I am going to give one ....two observations about things I really love about my Dad.

1. He read to me. And still will. He read me stories before I went to bed and this wouldn't be a big deal, except that this went on until I moved out for college. We made it through multiple classics, some not so classic and the Super Fudge book more times than anyone should....not really it is such a great book!

2. He isn't a man for talking so much. But he writes love letters. Love poems and generally wonderful things. Getting mail freshman year just from my Dad and to me, was so special and wonderful. Nothing can compare to a love poem to a daughter from a wonderful father, and my Dad wrote/writes these for me more often than any one could ever ask for or expect.

Thank you for being you. Thank you for being my Dad and thank you for giving me my passion for words, not that I really proved that in this post but I promise I am becoming a better writer!
Now, here are way to many pictures...its wonderful. Happy Birthday Dad!





2 comments:

  1. This made me weepy. Dad's are so wonderful. Oh and you can never read Super Fudge too many times, trust me I tried. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grampa/Terry/Dad is the best! I love all the photos but especially the one of him on the floor playing with my boys- I love how he's never too busy to play whatever they are playing when we're visiting! It's something I try to remember when I get too caught up in laundry and sundry chores...

    ReplyDelete